A post about a post




Lately I've been pretty much loving blogs like their made of crack! I literally spend hours totally absorbed scrolling. Whilst reading through feel and flourish today I came across an interview of Monika Tischer a 24 year old Vancouver lass. [quick background on feel and flourish - its a blog run by two pretty ladies who do a range of awesome style / life posts and inspiring interviews of creative peoples they know. Click on the link to check them out] 


Here's the snippet of interview that struck me ;

12. what's one message you'd love to share with the world?

"In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you."


Sure this is an age old proverb and sure I've heard it before. But for some reason it just seemed to resonate with me today. Especially letting go of things not meant for me. Thinking back on everything between age 0 and now, there were probably a lot of experiences // opportunities // people // places that fit into the not for me category, whether I knew it or not at the time. Often it took alittle time for me to catch on – and there’s value in that learning process too.

Reading this today I feel the relevance of applying this mantra for me as I am now. With all the choices and chances on offer, some days I feel like I need a filter – perhaps applying this concept on a more frequent basis could help me out.

No comments: